Everybody wants to be a better person but it does not happen overnight. It is a process that you have to go through towards self-growth and recognition of true worth.
Here are ten ways to better yourself as you go along with your journey in life:
1. Acknowledge your mistakes and learn from them. Allow yourself to have a quick correction of the mistakes that you have committed to avoid further damage to those who have been adversely affected, including yourself. This way you develop the wisdom in sound decision-making as you mature.
2. Improve your weaknesses and build on your strengths. Once you learn to accept your weaknesses, you are making a positive change in your overall well-being. In time, these weaknesses become strengths that you should build on to increase your self-esteem and keep progressing.
3. Love, but do not forget your own self. Loving yourself is a prerequisite for a happier and healthier you.
If you happen to be someone who constantly pours love to people around you, you should also give it to yourself because you deserve it. You always do.
4. Be respectful. It is essential in life to learn how to be respectful towards others whether it be your family or even strangers. When you show respect, you are also building trust and establishing good relationships and connections.
5. Be of service to others. Helping the needy does not mean showing a grandiose act but you can be a good Samaritan in your own simple ways. No matter how small this act is for as long as it is genuine, it makes you feel better about yourself.
6. Spend time wisely. Time management lowers your stress and boosts your productivity. Whether at work, at school, or even at home, prioritize which of your tasks should be done first so things would not pile up. Time is precious so do not waste it.
7. Engage in new activities. Stepping outside your comfort zone helps you be a better person. It catapults you to countless opportunities and possibilities out there. More importantly, trying out new activities also enhances your talents and skills towards personal growth.
8. Do not compare yourself to others. In this world of billions of people, each individual has his or her own strengths and weaknesses. Every single person is unique and that includes you. Instead of evaluating your worth against other people, be happy for whatever you have and be motivated to work even harder to achieve your dreams.
9. Always pray. Your fervent prayers make a difference for you and the people you pray for. Everything happens in God’s perfect timing so whatever you do, ask for His guidance. Talking with Him in your prayers makes you feel better that He is watching over you and showering with His blessings.
10. Keep moving forward. It is time to welcome a new chapter of your story with no grudges and regrets. Write on the blank pages with faith, hope, and love.
There are still a handful ways to be a better person but at the end of the day, it is still in your hands to constantly improve yourself and become the best version you want to be.
Featured Image Credit: TONL